Posted by Vi Warkentin on
Visiting Guadalajara for a few days - so much to see and little time. One of the many places we visited today was the Hospicio Cabañas, a World Heritage Site.
In 1937, upon a request from the Government of the State, the artist José Clemente Orozco was invited to paint the inside of the main chapel. In 1980, by official decree, the Cabañas changed its name to Instituto Cultural Cabañas and was converted into a place dedicated to diffusion of the arts.
More to come in future blog posts on José Clemente Orozco’s work exhibited in the Instituto Cultural Cabañas and the many sights around Guadalajara.